Moving is stressful enough – you’ll have to deal with packing and relocating, not to mention making your new home livable. Emergencies make things difficult, especially when you don’t know who to call. Whenever you have a problem in your current area, you have trusted professionals you know from experience or referral that you feel comfortable calling. Why shouldn’t it be the same on the day you move? Emergencies don’t wait for you to settle in, so your Houston movers at Coleman advise you to leave prepared with a list of these essential professionals:
- Doctors: You should always have the name and number of a doctor ready, and you should forward your medical records ahead of time. If you can’t obtain a referral, sites like Yelp and Citysearch can help.
- Dentists: A root canal becomes all the more painful when you have to wait for it. You might not have a dental emergency today, but that could change at any time.
- Childcare: Chances are you won’t know many people in the area, so research a well-rated nanny or daycare in advance.
- Veterinarians: Pets can get sick and injured too, so you should always have the name of a trusted vet handy.
- Plumbers: When you arrive at a new house, you never know if all of your plumbing is ready to go. If it’s not, having a reputable plumber to call can greatly reduce your moving-day stress.